Toenail Fungus Treatment
Laser toenail fungus treatment targets the fungal infection by using our Aerolase Nd YAG Laser. The laser will penetrate through the toenail, and hit the infected area called the toenail matrix. The laser nail fungus removal treatment generally takes about 5 minutes per finger or toe, it’s safe and you will only experience mild discomfort. Say goodbye to unwanted toenail fungus without the use of messy creams and sprays.
Nail Fungus Patient Guide
Laser Genesis is safe and effective for treatment of nails with onychomycosis/nail fungus. Our Cutera laser will direct infrared light into the upper dermis below the nail bed, to kill bacteria that causes the fungus. The full results of the treatment can generally be seen 3-6 months after the treatment begins due to slow nail growth.
• Remove nail polish.
• Skin should be clean and product free for your treatment.
• Trim nails and clean with a nail brush.
• Spray all shoes with anti-fungal spray or disinfectant.
• Continue weekly for at least 4 weeks.
• Do not apply topical anti-fungal cream or powder 2 days prior to treatment.
• Most laser genesis treatments take between 15 and 30 minutes.
• Treatment duration depends on the size of the area you are having treated.
• During your treatment you will feel a slight warming on your skin.
• Let the technician know if you experience discomfort.
• The technician will make at least 4 passes over the area.
• Pain tolerance may lower with each pass.
What To Expect Afterwards
• This is superﬁcial and will heal with no adverse effects.
• Most patients note a redness that may last 2 hours to 2 days after treatment.
To Help Prevent Reinfection
• Apply anti-fungal cream or spray to entire sole and toes of feet 2 times per day for approximately 2 weeks to 3 months depending on the severity of the infection.
• Apply anti-fungal powder or spray to all shoes at least once per week for at least one month and before each use.
• Wear clean socks and shoes after treatment.
• Use powder in your socks daily to keep the affected areas dry.
• Wash sheets, disinfect shower/bath and vacuum carpets on the day of treatment.
• Do not walk barefoot in public places (pool, gym, etc.).
• Keep nails trimmed and cleaned (disinfect instruments after each use).
• Nail polish may be applied 24 hours after treatment.
• Toenails may take 9-12 months and ﬁngernails 6-9 months to grow out. Severely infected nails may take longer.
• The average interval time between treatments is 2-3 weeks.
• The number of treatments necessary depends on the severity of the Onychomycosis, but we recommend at least 2 treatments.