Deep tissue massage has been used around the world for thousands of years to reduce psychological and physical stress. Up-to-date studies continue to prove that deep tissue massage in DeSoto, used alone or in combination with other therapies, can be very helpful in the treatment of some stress and pain-related conditions. Below are some ways deep tissue massage could benefit you.
1. It eases pain. When offered by a professional who is well-experienced, deep tissue massage can be useful for pain relief. It has been found helpful to alleviate pain in some chronic conditions such as arthritis and chronic lower back pain.
2. Deep tissue massage may lower blood pressure and heart rate in people with elevated readings
3. It offers stress-relief and at the same time reduces muscle tension and anxiety. This is crucial because stressful homes and work environments cause people to carry a lot of unresolved stress. This can cause physical and mental harm to the stressed person. Coming to our office for a regular deep tissue massage can help to resolve such issues and keep you in good overall health.
4. It breaks up newly-forming scar tissue after an injury. This scar tissue can lead to stiffness and make a recovery from an injury difficult. A deep tissue massage can also encourage more blood flow to the muscles by loosening them up, allowing more oxygen to reach the cells.
5. It may even improve the performance of athletes and speed up their recovery from injuries, depending on the situation.
Sports massage, performed on athletes, helps to prevent injuries, warm their bodies and promote faster healing.
If you are considering getting a deep tissue massage, make sure to visit us at My Choice Spa & Wellness Lounge for a session with our trained and experienced massage therapists. Our therapists will ensure that you reap all of the benefits of an invigorating massage and that you leave our spa looking and feeling rejuvenated. Contact our office in DeSoto today to schedule a consultation for more information and find out about other services that may benefit you!