No matter how long the winter, a beautiful spring is sure to follow! March 20 marks the first day of spring and it can’t come soon enough! We’re always open to warmer weather…it’s the perfect time of year to indulge in some much-needed rejuvenation both inside and out. This month’s issue is all about marching back to health!
March is recognized as National Nutrition Month so it’s time to whip up all those healthy recipes you’ve been storing away on Pinterest!
Whatever you may have planned for the next few weeks, we hope it’s something that keeps your passion blooming each and every day.
Take a look at the specials that will help you march into health! We’ll see you soon at My Choice Spa & Wellness Lounge!
Spring forward with your complimentary consultation at My Choice Spa & Wellness Lounge!
Did you know that the arrival of warmer weather requires a shift in your skin care regimen?
Reserve a consultation and bring your current skincare products with you so we can assess them and make necessary adjustments.
Receive 20% OFF when you purchase $30 in products!
Feeling stressed and sluggish?
Treat yourself to a detox massage and show your body and mind that you really do care!
Feel thoroughly purified and re-energized with this powerfully cleansing treatment. Using classic lymphatic massage techniques, your lymph nodes are stimulated to drain excess fluid and reduce toxins.
For an especially effective detox treatment combine our exclusive Detox with the Sunlighten™ sauna!
Did you know that in a conventional sauna the average person sweats out 3% toxins and 97% water? In a Sunlighten™ sauna, the average person sweats out 20% toxins and 80% water!
Reserve Now for ONLY $79! (A savings of $60!)
Do you suffer from fatigue and low sex drive? Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is proven to increase energy levels and improve libido.
My Choice Spa & Wellness Lounge offers the latest in Bioidentical Hormone Therapy for both men and women.
Under the direction Dr. Ike Osuji, board certified internal medicine physician:
Small pellets are placed under the skin to last for 3-5 months!
Call us to reserve your consultation 972-346-1399
Get ready for summer NOW with Laser Hair Removal!
Reserve a series of 3 and receive a complimentary facial.
Price: $150 (small area)
Combat the signs of aging this season with Juvederm or Botox! No one will know, everyone will notice! Reserve your transformation. Space is limited!
We know how to eat healthy, and many of us certainly intend to. But life is busy, and sometimes complicated, and sometimes, we don’t always get to the store when we mean to.
But – to repeat what we all know – nutrition is incredibly important. Along with physical activity, eating a balanced diet can help us with our weight and reduce our chances of getting chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease. Eating well also just makes a person feel better.
Here are some easy ways to set yourself up to improve your nutrition.
1. Keep things simple. Don’t follow fad diets with lots of rules; instead, have an eating routine that’s straightforward and easy. As author Michael Pollan famously said: “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.” Keep lean meat, fish, tofu and beans in the house. Include brown rice, potatoes and quinoa in your meals and make sure your fats are healthy ones, like those found in nuts, seeds, avocados and olive oil.
2. Don’t buy junk food. Just don’t bring it into your home. The next time you’re tempted to buy chips and cookies, pick up plenty of fruit, nuts and yogurt instead.
3. Pre-measure single portions of snacks. Put almonds or whole-grain crackers into snack-sized bags ahead of time. Then when you need a snack, you will eat the right amount instead of absentmindedly working through a whole package.
4. Buy pre-chopped veggies if that’s the only way you’re going to eat them. Or take a couple hours on the weekend and pre-chop the veggies you’ll cook with in the next few days.
5. Keep the pantry full of tasty staples that are full of nutrition and easy to fix. Your staples might include brown rice, lentils, canned salmon, tuna and sardines.
6. Buy two or three bags of frozen vegetables every week and add a few handfuls to anything you can.
7. Bake large batches when you fix your favorite healthy foods. Have it for a couple dinners and a couple take-with-you lunches.
8. Divide your plate in half (in your mind). Make sure half of it holds fruits and vegetables. This will fill you up, give you the fiber you need, and keep down the calories.
9. Pack lunch the night before while you’re cleaning up from dinner. Plan ahead and put together a healthy lunch of leftovers or a mason jar filled with salad.
Have that St. Patrick’s Day favorite milkshake the healthy way, with all the mint flavor and creamy texture, but none of the guilt with my Shamrock Shake Green Smoothie!
See you soon at My Choice Spa & Wellness Lounge!